Ashwagandha is a plant that grows mostly in India, Pakistan and North America. The root base of the ashwagandha herb has been applied for centuries in Ayurvedic medicine. Ashwagandha has many positive effects on human health, such as flavonoids and elements of the with anolide class. Several today's studies have found that ashwagandha is efficient in lowering inflammation, reducing stress, improving mental activity, energizing the body, as a healthy antioxidant and it may also cure tumors.
VAREITY :Withaniasomnifera Dunal
- It is an Ancient Medicinal Herb.
- It Can Reduce Blood Sugar Levels.
- It Has Anti-Cancer Properties.
- It Can Reduce Cortisol Levels.
- It May Help Reduce Stress and Anxiety.
- It May Reduce Symptoms of Depression.
Ashwagandha grows well in sandy loam or light red soil, having pH 7.5-8.0 with good drainage. It can be cultivated between 600-1200 m altitudes. The semi-tropical areas receiving 500-750 mm rainfall are suitable for cultivation of this rained crop. The crop requires dry season during its growing period. Temperature between 200C to 350C is most suitable for cultivation. Late winter rains are conducive for the proper development of the plant roots.
WITHANIA SOMNIFERA (Ashwagandha) is usually grown in fields which are not well covered by the irrigation systems. The field on which food crops cannot be taken profitably for the above reason may be used for Ashwagandha cultivation. The soil of the field selected for Ashwagandha cultivation is well pulverized by ploughing, disking and/or harrowing. The field may be then leveled by the application pate.
Ashwagandha demand is immense therefore marketing it is not difficult. Ashwagandha are brought by many people in market. Our company also provides the facility of Buy Back agreement.
The plants start flowering and bearing fruits from December onwards. The crop is ready for harvest in January-March at 150 to 180 days after sowing. The maturity of crop is judged by drying out of leaves and yellow red berries. The entire plant is uprooted for roots which are separated from aerial parts by cutting the stem 1-2 cm above the crown. The roots are then either cut transversely into small pieces (7 to 10 cm) or dried as it is in the sun. About 650-800 kg roots can be obtained from 1ha on drying it comes to 350-435 kg. Berries are hand plucked separately. They are dried and crushed to take out the seeds.
|Distance (in acre)||Seeds kit in acre||Cost of seeds kit||Fertilizer||Cost of cultivation|
|2*1 ft||43 kg||8000/-||5000 /-||13,000 /-|
|Total Expenses: 13,000 /-|
INCOME & YIELD
|Income of month||Total Seeds||Company buy-back of Seeds||Total||Total Dry roots||Company buy-back of dry roots||Total|
|In 6th month||50 kg||70 rs. kg||50*70 =3,500/-||300 kg||100 rs. kg||300*100 = 30,000/-|
|Total income: 3,500 + 30,000 = 33,500/-|
- Ashwagandha growing first harvesting practical training.
- This includes Supervision, consultancy, guidance, Transportation cost first year.
- Plantation cost is to be borne only once.
- Buy back Agreement of Ashwagandha seeds and dry roots.
- Production in 6th month and only one time production. (6th month plant life)
- Sowing time for Ashwagandha “June to July”.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF COMPANY
- For 1 Acre plantation cost of seeds kit is Rs.8,000 /- , which is pay in advance before the cultivation.
- The Buy Back Agreement Stamp paper of Rs.100/- has to be stamped by District Court of your area.
- For 10 Acre or more yield the buy Back Agreement Stamp Paper will be of Rs.500/-.